AGIBEL is the commercial name of the purified gibberellic acid from Chemicals and Biochemicals Supplier. AGIBEL, derived from the fungus Gibberella fujikuroi, is a mix of gibberellins with a minimum of 95% of gibberellin A3 which modifies the normal plant growing at very low doses.
- The main effects of AGIBEL are the promotion of plant growing, by accelerating and increasing it, the acceleration of seed germination and the breaking of dormancy period of the vegetative parts of plants.
- It is successfully used in: almond tree, apples, artichokes, avocados, celery, cotton, cucumber, grapes, hops, lemons, oranges, limes, lettuce, oats, soya, ornamentals, peaches, pears, potatoes, straw-berries, cherries, tomatoes, malting and others.
- The different application rates for the examples here above are available on request.
- Easy soluble in methanol, ethanol, isopropanol, acetone, ethylacetate and pyridin. Slightly soluble in butylacetate, ether, chloroform, benzene and water. Soluble insodium bicarbonate and sodium acetatesolutions.
- The better way to prepare water solutions of gibberellic acid is to pre-dissolve it on methanol or isopropanol at the rate of 50-100 g/ liter and to dilute this solution in water to the desired concentrations (more commonly 0.1 to 100 ppm).
- In tablet form gibberellic acid is directly soluble in water. In static conditions tablet will disintegrate in less than 5 minutes. If some particulate materials remain floating these will disappear within 15 minutes. If mixed, tablet will disintegrate immediately.
- AGIBEL is available in powder form in drums of 1 kg, in 5 grams tablets containing 1 gram of pure gibberellic acid in tubes of 10 tablets or in sachets individually wrapped, and in isopropanol solution at the rate of minimum 50 g of pure gibberellic acid per liter in 1-5-10-20 liters drums. This solution is highly miscible with water.
- The product should be applied according to the recommended doses and timing because relatively small variations may produce different effects. Before to apply it on a crop or in an area where does not exist experience, it is advisable to do some tests.
- Gibberellic acid is unstable in aqueous solution. Prepared solutions should be used within the following 24 hours.