STABILFOAM is a food grade propylene glycol alginate, specially developed and produced as foam stabilizer for beer. It gives to beer a more stable, longer-lived, creamier foam.
- STABILFOAM improves the compactness of the beer head and the volume of the head.
- The creamier foam formed from beer stabilized with STABILFOAM is stable, long-lived and is very resistant to breakdown in the presence of food fats, soap or cosmetics.
- Beer treated with STABILFOAM forms an attractive, white and long-lasting lace on the glass as the beer is consumed.
- STABILFOAM helps to overcome fluctuations in wort composition due to seasonal variations in raw materials which adversely affect head retention.
- STABILFOAM maintains beer quality without affecting brilliance, palatability or flavour of beer.
- STABILFOAM is added to beer as dilute water solution during the final steps of the process. It is more often accomplished by the mean of a metering pump proportioning alginate solution into the beer line before final filtration or more seldom after this final filtration.
- Dissolve STABILFOAM slowly at the rate of 20g to maximum 50g in a liter of hot (50°C) water (distilled or softened) with rapid agitation. The use of a high speed mixer (1500 rpm) is giving the best results. The solution should be agited for thirty minutes to one hour prior to use.