TANNOX-BREW is an atomized granulate powder of a high purified high molecular weight gallotannin. Gallotanins or tannic acid are extracted from gallnuts. Tannic acid inhibits malt lipoxygenase activity by 50%, reduces metals by its reducing power, removes metals by its chelating power and blocks radicals forming reactions. Tannic acid reacts very selectively with acid proteins containing SH-groups. Only these sensitive proteins are removed. TANNOX-BREW gives a real improvement on lauter-tun or mash-filter filtration rates and improves beer shelf life as far as clarity, taste and flavour are concerned.
|high purified high molecular weight gallotannin
light yellow atomized granumate powder
weak tea-like flavour
neutral to light astringent dry
0.35 – 0.45 g/cm3
|min. 96% tannic acid on dry
clear in water (C=20)
clear in alcohol (C=20)
3.5 – 4.8 (1% in H2O)
less than 20 ppm (FCC IV)
max. 3 ppm
max. 5 ppm
|Conform with FCC III – Fema-Grass|
- In soft water at 1% – 5%
- During mashing-in the addition of TANNOX-BREW will improve the wort filtration rates, will reduce the malt lipoxygenase activity reducing fatty acids oxydations and radicals formation, will improve ITT or anti-oxydation power.
- At the end of boiling (5 minutes before the end to avoid tannic acid hydrolysis) will improve colloidal stability, whirlpool yield and ITT.
- 4 to 8 g/Hl at mash in and 4 to 8 g/Hl at end of boiling.
- Better wort filtration rate.
- Longer beer shelf life: by lipoxygenase reduction, by metals reduction, by metals removing, by improving ITT.
- Colloidal stability improvment.
- Whirlpool yield increase.
- To store in a cool and dry place.
- This product complies with FDA recommended specifications for food processing aids. Certificates of analysis are provided with each delivery.